Five things that are annoying about traveling with diabetes:
1. The amount of space diabetes stuff takes up in your bag – Pump supplies, snacks, batteries, extra test strips, CGM sensors, Insulin. This is valuable clothes-packing real estate!
2. The wonky blood sugar levels that always seem to happen with long car rides.
3. Feeling guilty about not bringing copies of your Rxs like every good travelling diabetic should.
4. Attempting to test your blood sugar in the car – why is it that we always hit a bump just as I’m about to prick my finger?
5. Being out of your diabetes comfort zone.
Have a great weekend, everyone!